- Purpose: The purpose of this module is for LEND fellows to understand how on-going evidence-based clinical practice can ensure quality and up-to-date care of children with hearing loss.
- Learning objectives: As a result of completing this module, trainees will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of evidence-based practice in pediatric audiology.
- Identify the challenges to implementing EBP in pediatric audiology.
- List strategies to use throughout your career to maintain high-quality EBP clinical practice.
- Complete Readings:
- Review Protocols and Guidelines
- Identify research/protocol questions you may have in your pediatric audiology practice in the future.
- Come prepared to discuss a diagnostic protocol question that you might be faced with. For example, the clinic you work at is using equipment/measures that you have less familiarity with (e.g., wideband immittance, ASSR) and you need to review the literature to ensure that you implement and interpret the measures using evidence-based practice.
- Come prepared to discuss a treatment protocol question that you might be faced with. For example, the clinic you work at does not have a protocol for providing hearing aids for children with unilateral hearing loss and you are reviewing the literature to present the evidence for device options. For example, you work in an area where there are no early intervention options for utilizing sign language, yet there are families that are interested in learning about exploring this option; you are faced with reviewing the literature on outcome.
Return to Modules.