Upon completing this module, you will have an understanding of the unique contributions nutritionists with training in pediatric nutrition contribute to the care of children with special health care needs and their families.
- Describe the core principles of practice in nutrition
- Describe the unique role that nutritionists play in an interdisciplinary team assessment
- Identify the assessment tools and strategies typically used by nutritionists
- List factors that are considered when intervention decisions are made
- List two intervention strategies that might be employed by nutritionists
- Describe how your own discipline might effectively communicate and collaborate with the nutritionists
The Nutrition Module (PDF) allows you to save the content to your computer to review over time without an internet connection if so desired. It is recommended you save the module to your desktop or USB drive and open the file from there. You should then have an easier time navigating external resource links to web-based materials and other organization’s websites.
Back to Modules list page
NOTE: UW LEND Fellows, please complete survey for each module reviewed.