This module will describe the role of a clinical social worker who provides assessment, diagnosis, and management plans for children and adults with a developmental disability and their families as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Describe the mission of practice in social work
- Identify the assessment tools and strategies typically used by social workers
- Describe how intervention decisions are made
- List intervention strategies that are typically employed by social workers
- Describe the unique role that social work contributes to an interdisciplinary team
The Social Work Module (PDF) allows you to save the content to your computer to review over time without an internet connection if so desired. It is recommended you save the module to your desktop or USB drive and open the file from there. You should then have an easier time navigating external resource links to web-based materials and outside other websites.
Back to Modules list page
NOTE: UW LEND Fellows, please complete survey for each module reviewed.